1. Snake Plant (Sansevieria spp.): Snake plants are known for their ability to convert carbon dioxide into oxygen during the night, making them excellent air purifiers.
2. English Ivy (Hedera helix): English Ivy is effective in reducing airborne mold particles and airborne fecal-matter particles.
3. Peace Lily (Spathiphyllum): Peace Lilies remove pollutants like benzene, formaldehyde, and trichloroethylene from the air, making them excellent indoor air purifiers.
4. Spider Plant (Chlorophytum comosum): Spider plants are easy to care for and effective at removing indoor air pollutants like formaldehyde and xylene.
5. Aloe Vera (Aloe vera): Aloe vera not only helps to clean indoor air but also releases oxygen at night, making it a great plant to keep in bedrooms.
6. Chinese Evergreen (Aglaonema): Chinese Evergreen is known for its ability to remove toxins like benzene and formaldehyde from the air.
7. Boston Fern (Nephrolepis exaltata): Boston Ferns are highly effective in removing formaldehyde from the air, making them excellent choice for allergy sufferers.
8. Heartleaf Philodendron (Philodendron hederaceum): Heartleaf Philodendrons are easy to care for and effective in removing formaldehyde from indoor air.
9. Bamboo Palm (Chamaedorea seifrizii): Bamboo Palms work well at filtering out toxins like benzene, formaldehyde, and trichloroethylene.
10. Rubber Plant (Ficus elastica): Rubber plants are known for their ability to remove indoor air toxins like formaldehyde, benzene, and xylene.